The Importance of Home Shows
With the rise of Chip and Joanna Gaines and their popular hit TV show “Fixer Upper”, came a waive of home improvement type shows that have left people wondering if they could do the same thing. And although the industry-leading experts make things look easy, trust us, it’s not always as easy as it looks. With the pandemic lingering, people have made their homes a more permanent office space. Working from home has left people making more frequent trips to Home Depot in hopes of creating a more updated look for their home.
Today, homeowners are spending more on home improvement projects than ever before. According to the Home Advisor 2017 True Cost Report, they spent an average of roughly $1,850 more on home improvement projects from February 2016 to February 2017 than the year prior. And that was several years before the pandemic.
Thanks to Millennials, the Home Improvement Market is skyrocketing! And it doesn’t look like it’s going to slow down anytime soon. So where do you begin if you’re in the market of home improvement projects? Home Shows are a great place to start!
Ezine Article gives a list of reasons why entering into the world of Home Improvements should attend a Home Show:
- Meet the TV show stars: You have probably longed to meet your favorite TV star face to face and during a home renovation show, you have a chance to do so. From Mike Holmes Jr., Matt Muenster of BATHtastic!,Carson Arthur of Home to win among others, there is so much star power and you can bet this will be inspiration enough to learn even more from them.
- Meet the experts: So, you are planning a bathroom remodel and you don’t know where to get started. The beauty of home improvement shows is the fact that there are experts among the celebrity guests and also exhibitors. It is possible to even get an estimate for your renovation project, which is a good place to start. From builders, designers, general contractors, architects, home security consultants to landscapers, there are many professionals ready to share their expertise.
- Learn the trends: The construction industry is fast paced and there are new building technologies coming up every day. What’s more, efficient materials are being developed every day and you will learn this and much more from these events.
- Opportunity to test out products and services: With so many new products and services being advertised in the media, you have the best chance to find out more about them and test them out. If you have been wondering whether that nice looking flooring material is a real deal, you will find it at a home and garden show where you can test it out.
- A fun outing for the family: This can be a fun outing for the entire family as they will get to enjoy the products and also engage in the activities available.